We are concerned about the safety and comfort of our passengers and their pets. We are pleased to inform you that Air Century transports pets under the following health, kennel size, and behavioral requirements.
Pets will be accepted if notified at the time of purchase via the website or by calling (809) 826-4333. Air Century reserves the right not to accept the pet if the passenger has not informed us 48 hours prior to the day of travel.
- The transportation of pets and their acceptance will be subject to the approval of the governmental and sanitary authorities of the ports of embarkation and disembarkation.
- The pet cannot travel without a passenger.
- The passenger is responsible for all necessary documentation for the entry of his/her pet to the travel destination.
- Some destinations may require a health certificate for your pet. This must be issued by a licensed veterinarian within 30 days prior to transport and must show rabies inoculation. Your veterinarian can provide more information.
- Pets must be transported in waterproof, hard material (if traveling in the hold) or soft material (if traveling in the cabin) and ventilated kennels with a maximum dimension of 9″ x 14″ x 14″ (23cm x 36cm x 36cm).
- Pets must be clean and not emit bad odor.
- The pet must fit comfortably in its kennel and be able to move around.
- Your pet counts as a carry-on item and must remain inside your kennel during boarding and disembarkation.
- Air Century reserves the right to accept pets depending on the condition of the pet and the container in which it is transported.
- The destination of Aruba categorically prohibits the transfer of pets from Latin countries.
- Your pet must be at least 16 months old if traveling to the USA.
- The use of pet tranquilizers during air transport is unpredictable and is not recommended.
- The transport of dogs and cats belonging to brachycephalic (flat-nosed) breeds is not recommended. These have narrow airways due to their anatomy, which causes them breathing difficulties. Their transport is subject to special provisions and conditions.
- If you are traveling with a service or emotional support animal, you must notify us at the time of booking or no later than 48 hours prior to the flight.
- Service animals may be transported free of charge and do not require the use of a kennel, but do require a leash.
- The passenger is responsible for providing valid authorization from their licensed physician.